Thursday, March 29, 2007

I Lied

Ok, So I lied. I'm a horrible liar and can't stay true to a project.

Whew, got that out of the way. So after I finished my post yesterday I pick up the baby blanket and knit a row, from the side of my bed I see this container, with my Lopi Reynolds yarn. I do need to know how it knits and felts before I use it to make a bag right? Then from my desk I see my new rune stones, and they are telling me they need a homemade bag, since my sewing machine and special silk I use to make my bags for my rune stones and Tarot cards is all packed away, I figure, Hey I'll knit then felt a small bag.... after I get to 180 on this baby blanket.

20 minutes later finds me with my size 15 needles and pink Lopi yarn casting on 30 stitches. I work 3 rows, and think, hey this is going fast. About 10 rows in I figure I'll just do 2 more rows then cast off and sew together and save for felting. 4 rows later I'm thinking one more row then cast off. I finally cast off and start sewing it together.

20 minutes later finds me in my bathroom in front of the sink felting for the first time. Yea, I'm sticking to washing machines. It didn't quite lose all stitch definition but it ended up a bit bigger then I wanted, and at this stage it fits my Ipod quite snuggly. I have the iPod sticking out in the picture, isn't it cute? I'm debating about embroidering something on the front. It's not exactly the best iPod cover out there, but hey I only have $5 in my checking account, it's not like I can buy one, or yarn to make a better one.



My other baby Akasha finally agreed to pose for a picture, with my small penguin. Oops, I mean, HER penguin.



I received an E-mail today from a friend(T for short). He was stationed in Afghanistan, he e-mailed to say that he was arriving home tomorrow at 12:20. That is great, he'll finally be home. The weird part, for me at least, His last e-mail said that he was leaving Afghan and coming back to the US, he also said that he "wants to see ALL! of YOU!" that's a direct quote. He e-mailed to over 20 people. Now we're not really friends, I've known his barely since high school *late 90's* I knew of him then, he was a friend of two guys I knew, then in about '03 I introduced one of my best friends into a guy I knew *and liked* They ended up dating and getting engaged, and T was this guys best friend. So we hung out once in a while with the overly PDA couple, Then the couple got married, and he received leave from Afghan for the wedding. (last August) We hung around awhile during a couple of the events with another girl in the wedding party. After he went back to Afghan the grooms sister e-mailed us all with T's e-mail addy, and we e-mailed a couple times, usually only the mass e-mails with an "I'm alive doing good hope to come home soon" e-mails. Now my problem is did he mean me when he said get together, cuz that might just be uncomfortable, and due to the fact that most of my friends aren't in town anymore I don't go out, so there goes the "a group of us are getting together" thing. I realize I'm probably to old for this worry, but I do have a huge social anxiety problem and fret over these little things. Ahh well, I suppose the fact that I don't know if I'm attracted to him is part of the problem. I suppose since I'm "on the fence" about it, I'm really not attracted to him. Anybody know of any good ways to help with social anxiety? (Drugs don't work on me, so I tend to use natural remedies. When it takes 2-3 800 MG ibuprofen every 2 hours to dull a minor headache, you find that peppermint oil works just as well. Let's not even start on "that time of the month")

On the Needles: Baby Blanket.
New to the Stash: *Sigh*
In The Player: More Podcasts. *I'm down to 380, yea!!*

No comments: