Monday, April 02, 2007

Happyness

I'm almost at the half way point of the baby blanket, Well, ok I have 20 more rows left, but hey that is an improvement. I was wrong earlier when I thought that I only had to go to 180 rows, I need to get to 190, that is a little disappointing a sudden 10 extra rows. Oh well. Cest la vie. I was toying with the idea of making it an even 200. It's a baby blanket started at a corner and increasing one stitch every row, adding 10 extra rows just makes it a tiny bit bigger, I guess when I get to 190 I'll see if I want it larger. Hey it couldn't hurt, the original pattern calls for 2 balls and I have 3, plus its a no dye lot acrylic, I'm not worried about being short, just haveing way to much left over.


I borrowed The Pursuit of Happyness from a friend, she told me that she was on the verge of tears through the hole movie, this a girl whos favorite movies are ones where everybody dies. I can count on one finger the times she has cried at movies, and I've made her watch some tearjerkers, the movie? Coyote Ugly. So I sit down to watch the movie a whole role of toilet paper beside me (The soft kind, I'm out of Kleenex's) I cry at commercials, so I'm wholly prepared to bawl through the whole movie. My surprise? I didn't cry. That is extremely rare. It's weird though, I can bawl at a hallmark commercial, but a close family member dies, you'll get maybe 3 tears and that's only if I'm extremely close to you. The only funeral I've cried at is my grandma's and that was about 3 tears. I was as close to her as my mother. I cried for my cat Doobie though, she got tears, lots, sometimes 10 years later she might still get one or two. When I'm in those deep depressed moods and it seems like nothing can go right, that's when I cry for Doobie. Thank god those are rare now-a-days, in a few years I can tell Akasha is going to be just like Doobie, she just needs to be spayed and grow up a little, but she's got that sweetness in her.

After Pursuit of Happyness (who else feels weird writing that with a Y?) I needed something more mundane, a movie that I could watch and zone out, with good eye candy. I picked a movie I had bought then promptly forgot I owned. The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, now I know it's never as good as the graphic novels, but hey I'm good at differentiating and enjoying one as a completely different medium, and let me tell you a movie that stars Sean Connery, i'm so there. I'll even admit here, that Shane West is quite good-looking in the movie as well, though it could be the Sean Connery protege rub off. Also one of the 2 movies I think Stuart Townsend looks good in, the other being Queen of the Damned, he beats Tom Cruises Lestat all to hell. Jason Flemmin isn't to bad to look at as well, quite nice actually. So now the movie is drawing to a close, it's 3:30 in the morning as I'm writing this (in notepad because my internet is down, and will be posted tomorrow.) I'm heading off to bed, probably to wake up in 3 hours, listen to a few episodes of quirky nomads, knit a couple rows and get ready to go clothes shopping with my friend. I hate clothes shopping, she hates clothes shopping. This is going to be fun.


On the Needles: Do I really need to say? Baby Blanket
New to the Stash: Still waiting for STR to get in medium weights
In The Player: see above.

No comments: