Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Booga Booga

I finished the Booga bag! Yea!!



My first finish object of the year! Yippy!!! I ended up just using the rest of the yarn on the icord straps, so instead of the recommended 6 foot I have a 13 foot. My first thought was that I don't want a small ball of leftover yarn and that I do like long handles, and it will felt smaller. My thought after measuring it? The leftover will make a great cat toy. hehe. I have yet to felt it, reason being I have to use a laundry mat, and me being a new felter *this will be my first felted project* I plan on commendering my parents washer when they arrive back for the summer. Since I'm in an apartment I have no qualms still using my parents washer and dryer occasionally, it's not just for college students.


My first FO for the year. Yippy! I've only done two more rows on the baby blanket and haven't even dug my clapotis out of the travel bag I had it in. Ahh the life of UFO's. As if my insomnia isn't enough, I hear these little muffled sounds coming from the bag at night, apparently it's not happy to just be sitting here, apparently it feels it needs to be finished for my birthday so it can be shown off this summer. I don't know if the little one will gets it wish, though I have till the middle/end of May.



My main goal is to finish the blanket, but boy this is dragging on. I'm only at 145 stitches and need to get to 180 with one yarn over increase every row. Every other stitch is knit. I'm going through the ARGGG! part. I'm trying to fend off the "make something" vibe, or as Stephanie Pearl-Mcphee puts it "startitis." Spring has hit me with the nice weather the past couple days,and the rain today *Yeah rain! My favorite type of weather EVER.*

This book that is sitting on my desk has been whispering to me all week. The book in question is Sensational Knitted Socks. I refuse to bow down to the peer pressure of my books. I rule my books they don't rule me. *This works right? I can win this battle right?* I refuse to cast on a sock until I AT LEAST reach the 180 point on the blanket and start the decreases. I figure by then I'll be able to actually purchase sock yarn. I only have one ball, and I'm also toying with the idea of learning knitting socks on circular needles, I have found out with my two possessive cats (apparently all yarn and needles are their property and I'm only borrowing them when they deem fit) that projects in the round lose less stitches on circulars then DPN's. Though I still love using DPN's I don't have a favorite of the two yet.

I need to add to my sock yarn stash. Unfortunately with only one part-time job that doesn't even pay my rent I don't have cash for yarn. Also the upcoming concert I'm going to is going to take up some cash as well. Luckily the ticket is paid for, and I'm staying at a friends who is only 10 blocks away from the venue. I'm staying there for a week and plan on hitting yarn stores. *I will visit an actually real yarn store GASP* I also plan on trying to convert her to the knitted masses. Since she is recently single and will have a whole free summer of no work *She is currently attending Law School* I feel her time would be best spend knitting, Plus deal with the frustration of being single after 2 years. *If you are reading this D be forewarned just knitting in front of you isn't enough*

I do have my gift certificate from Blue Moon Fiber Arts, but I am planning on buying medium weight and they are out.

That's about all the updates for today, I plan on catching up on some podcasts on my NEW IPOD. Sigh life is great I own an iPod. Why didn't I get one sooner? I have loaded it with my podcats and music, plus my nice collection of eye candy music videos, because hey, we all need a break to watch good videos. I don't recommend for anybody to subscribe to about 20 podcasts when they have this obsessive compulsive need to listen to them from episode one on in order. I have over 400 files to listen to and about 5-6 more podcasts I want to subscribe to. Oiy Vey. Have I mentioned I'm weird? The 5 knitting podcasts I listened to weren't enough, I needed more. Now I have to many. *Ok, so they aren't all knitting.*

Ok, here is the part I'm asking for help, if anybody that reads this is in the Minneapolis-St Paul, MN area and know of yarn stores that I should visit, let me know. I'm not planing to visit them till after the concert, so any cash left afterwards is probably going to yarn. Sigh, I need to find a job.



On the needles: Baby Blanket
New to the stash: I wish
In The Player: various podcasts.

No comments: