Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Daria

Ok so this knitting blog really doesn't have much knitting content lately, but that is mainly due to slow projects and no money.

The other night in boredom, waiting for something to finish cooking I spotted some rubbermade containers that I have in my living room. I packed these containers about 4-5 years ago and haven't open them since, just moved them from place to place. I went through them. Whoa boy, memory lane.

I spotted some old vhs tapes I had made, two were of 2 tv shows that were on The 'N back in about 2000-01. Yea, I was a bit old for the shows, but hey who cares. 24Seven and Being Eve. The former a British show the latter from New Zealand. So I spend last night and today watching the shows. I did manage to get some knitting done.

The best thing I found, was 3 tapes full of Daria episodes. That show is probably one of my all time favorite tv shows ever. The most interesting part is the episodes are from the original airings on MTV, with commercials and all that. It was interesting watching the movie commercials and remembering how I either wanted to see them or hated them, and thinking back on it now. For instance the commercials for "Titanic" and "Rounders" "54." Commercials for the original Playstation and the MTV VJ's. Remembering that they were not as cool as Bill Bellemy and the ones from the 80's that are completely slipping my mind at the moment. And commercials with actors that have tv shows now.

The has been a week for old tv shows. With my non-existent money *read a gift card from Christmas for walmart* I bought the first two seasons of Forever Knight, at $20 each. I use to LOVE that show. Oh commercial for A Night at the Roxbury. My ex-best friend and I went to that in the theater. Sadly, I enjoyed that way more then Titanic. Of course being drug to Titanic 4 times probably didn't help.

One thing I discovered tonight, watching 4 hours of Daria is not a good idea if you are going to a retail job where you already don't like the customers.

In knitting news, I have done no new work on either the clapotis or the baby blanket. But I am over half way done with a Booga Bag. I also bought some wool yarn from Ben Franklin, the only store in town that carries something other than red heart. I bought 4 balls of Lopi Reynolds. 100% Icelandic wool, hoping to do some type of felt bag. I spent the last of my spending *Read: food* money on yarn. Looks like I'm enjoying some tasty ramen until I can find myself another job, or until April 10 when my parents get back from their summer down south. I have no problems with going over there and raiding their food, and inviting myself to dinner. Their my parents that is what they are for. Besides I fix their computer problems for free, that saves them a lot of money. What with my dad's complete non-understanding of what a computer virus is, I'm usually cleaning one off a week.

On The Needles: Booga Bag
New to the Stash: Lopi Reynolds
In the Player: Daria

No comments: