Thursday, December 14, 2006

Violet's Pink Ribbon

Wow, it's been a busy month. Unfortunately that busy has not included knitting.

I did manage to finish the "Ribbed for his pleasure" but haven't done a thing since. I froged my sock I was working on, thanks to my cat deciding it was a play toy. I started a baby sock, as I have little free time, I decided that a small sock was a great way for me to learn socks. I only have 4 rows done.

I've also joined my first Knit-A-Long. Violets Pink Ribbon. I've yet to find a pattern that I'm going to use, but as I just ordered the yarn, I have a while to decided. I joined this for my first Knit-a-long, due to the greatness of the community and the relaxation of using whatever pattern you like. I also have a huge history with Cancer in my family, my favorite aunt from my dads side that raised him just had her own Breast cancer scare, but she is doing great, then a couple aunts from my dad's birth side had bouts of cancer. This is definitely a Knit A Long I want to be a part of. Besides one look at the colorway Lisa Souza designed and I was hooked. I highly recommend everybody check out the yarn it is a gorgeous colorway and you also help with Violets "my insurance sucks" fund. I purchased the Supersport yarn, but it is also available in Sock! and Sock Merino. That ends this commercial break.

I have yet to open my sushi wallet kit, it is sitting pretty on my desk. No reason other then the fact I have been sick, still am, and no time for knitting. Well that's all for now, I'll try not to take a month off between posts again.


On the needles: Baby Socks
New to the Stash: Lisa Souza's Violets Pink Ribbon, Lisa Souza's Emerald City, Both Sport Weight.
In the Player: The Devil Wears Prada, then Boondock Saints.

No comments: