Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Finishing and Teaching

Edit: Added pictures.

I started knitting about 2 years ago. Never seriously, I have started 2 scarves and a bag in the round but never finished. My first finished scarf was last week. I made one of those funfur type scarves. I bought 2 skeins of yarn, one silver and one black. I started the scarf on Oct 25th the day I got my tongue pierced. My friend drove me to the piercing, then after to Hobby Lobby. Because I wanted to try some bamboo needles. After having tried to talk my friend into learning for months, she finely agreed to let me teach her. So I picked up some yarn with my my needles (It was either fun fur or Red Heart... I went with fun fur) We then went to my place to pick up my Stitch 'n Bitch books then on to her place.

With a new tongue piercing, unable to talk real good, I started to teach my friend how to knit. How presumptuous of me, someone who has never even finished a project is teaching, I started on the scarf, using both colors together as one strand.

Halfway into the movie SAW II she asks me how to change colors. I told her to look in the book, using the excuse I couldn't talk. After a small bout of jealousy, about 10 seconds long, I was proud of my friend, even though after 2 hours she was father along then I was, changed colors and all.

I had taught my first knitter, I was so proud. I had taught my friend over the years a few crafts, now we can add one more to the list. She already warned me that I'm teaching her crochet next.

Back to my scarf, last tuesday, during an extremely good NCIS I finished my scarf, I was so proud, so happy. My first finished object, life is good. So what's next on the needles? Who knows, but I can't wait to find out.

On the needles: Nothing
New to the Stash: 100% Cotton Sinfonia
In the Player: What a Girl Wants, staring Amanda Bynes and Colin Firth.

My first completed scarf.

No comments: