Sunday, May 06, 2007

Hired!

I got a job! Yes!! Ok, so it's not a job I really wanted, but it will pay the rent, and maybe I'll have some money left over to buy yarn! Of course, I really need to use leftover money to save for moving, if/when I move. The cool thing about the job is it is a set schedule, from 7am to 4pm 5 days a week. I don't know what days but it will be a set schedule, and when I go to my orientation on Wednesday I'll know. It is a bigbox type of retail chain, and my job is just stocking.

I finished the baby blanket. I finished back on April 23rd. I turned out good. For a first larger project it was really good. And when I gave it to her? Talk about a perfect reaction. I was expecting a thank you that's pretty type of reaction. What did I get? She raved, gushed, and cried. Yes, she cried. She told me that no one ever put that much thought, love or time into a gift for her, let alone her baby. She commented about three times how long it much have took, and how much she appreciated it. Then she took it over to her boyfriend (The baby's father) and he even was surprised. He told me it was beautiful and a great gift, and asked if it was really for them. It totally made every stitch worth while. Hell, as soon as I have some cash I'm buying yarn for baby booties for them.





As usual, pictures taken using my camera phone, I know they are bad pictures, but hey, I'm at least attempting to place photos.

I used my BlueMoon Fiber Arts gift certificate I got for Christmas. They got the medium weight back in stalk, so I ordered 2 skeins, and only had to pay about $5 out of pocket, yippy! So I have 4 balls of sock yarn in my stash and I have yet to knit a sock. Oiy.

My plan is to work on my Clapotis for a while, then teach myself to knit socks. My friend bought the same boye interchangeable circular needle set, so I plan on borrowing her size 2 needles and teach myself to knit two socks on two circulars, plus I want to knit from the toe up, this will be interesting. My reason for wanting to do toe up is I only have one skein of each color, so If I do two at a time I can just knit till I'm out of yarn, and not have to worry about how long to make the cuff part, plus I have size 11 feet. Yea.

Hi, my name is Elizabeth and I'm addicted to PodCasts. As I've said before I have a lot of unlistened to podcasts. I will find a podcast that is interesting, download all the episodes then starting from episode 1 listen to all. The problem comes from when I go on Podsprees and download 5 different podcasts all with 5-20 episodes each. I was so excited today when I synced up my iPod and my number of unlistened to podcasts when from 165 to 143. Then I made the mistake of looking at the podcasts in the iTunes store. I went from 142 to 261. Notice a problem? Even though I'm subscribed to 42 podcasts there are only about 10-15 I'm ever excited about, there are even about 15 that I don't like, but just listen to because of the topic. I hope to update my list of podcasts on the side to all the ones I love. Even the non-knitting ones.

*NOTE: I know that unlistened isn't really a word. Deal with it*

That's about all for this update, if anybody reads this, I'd appreciate a hi in the comments section. Just so I have an idea that this is actually being read, in turn, I will make it a point to comment on the blogs that I read, even if it's just a hi.



On the needles: Back to the Clap (Clapoties that is)
New to the stash: Socks that Rock Medium Weight Lunasea and Pink Granite
In the Player: Podcasts, lots of Podcasts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I found your blog through Ravelry, where I'm also JennaKate.
I just wanted to let you know I also wear a size 11 and socks are pretty much the only thing I knit... They're tooooo fun! =]
Happy knitting!

Katie Collette said...

Hi, I just found your blog on Ravelry too through the Nodak Knitters group and wanted to say "hi". I feel funny commenting after Jenna because I know her in real life. Hmm.

Anyway, I was also going to say that socks are awesome to knit! They're small, portable, and quick to knit (usually).

That's all, feel free to stop by my blog if you feel so inclined.

Katie Collette said...

Hmm, I somehow signed in with the wrong account... my blog is at http://www.katiedidknits.blogspot.com.